Fridays are my favorite days of the week. They just hold so much promise for a relaxing weekend.
Here are some of the highlights from my (long) week:
- I worked from our Denver office for a few days this week. One of my colleagues was upgraded to the Presidential Suite at our hotel so we spent a long part of our night chatting and playing in a hotel room that is bigger than my apartment. There was a TV embedded in the mirror of the bathroom. Oh, to live like the other half…
- We had a great team dinner at Osteria Marco in Denver. If you’re ever in Denver, you have to stop by. The lamb meatballs and fig pizza are incredible. And it’s always nice catching up with co-workers outside the office.
- My flight didn’t have wifi so I was able to catch up on some magazine reading. I spent three hours catching up on Business Week, Fast Company, and of course, US Weekly. I’ll look for any excuse to read in peace and not feel guilty about it.
- If you haven’t checked out the Leisure Travel issue of Business Week yet, I highly recommend it. I loved reading about the secret world of business travel. I’m also always on the quest for the perfect travel bag. If you’ve found one that can carry a laptop, Kindle, iPad, phone, toiletries, let me know. This is what I’m currently carrying.
I’m looking forward to this rainy weekend back home. Next week, I’m off to Portland for a few days for work.
I’ll leave you with some of the things I’m looking forward to doing this weekend.
- Catching up on the book I’m currently reading, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Making some french onion soup using this Smitten Kitchen recipe. It’s raining really hard where we are so this will be perfect comfort food.
- Hitting the climbing gym and Sunday night yoga class.